Sunday 20 January 2013

Stamps

 In my last year at university my first project was to pick one of the RSA briefs of 2012. I decided to pick the stamp brief which entitled me to create a number of different stamps representing Britain. Taking inspiration from two photographers called Richard Billingham and Martin Parr who look into the way true families are like in Britain, I wanted to represent Britain in the way that it is actually seen today.





 So I decided to combine the traditional culture of Britain to the modern culture. This consists of television programs, famous celebrities and the way people act and speak in Britain today.


My stamps are made up of silhouettes of different characters and objects which have been hand stitched to give a more pleasant appeal. 







In this stamp I have used Mrs Buckets from Keeping up appearances. Instead of her speaking politely I have used slang talk which we use in Britain toady.
·         Av it is sort for have it






·         I also looked into children’s cartoons such as the wombles and wallice and gormit.
·         All of my stamps had to have the Queen’s head on and the amount the stamp was worth.



Altogether I think that my stamps are quirky and fun, Enjoy!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment